Lu Angel / Louise Berry
Lu Angel is a genre spanning international vocalist, performer, lyricist and gun for hire. She delivers crazy vocals and dark, fresh lyrics.
Louise Berry AKA Lu Angel is a musician, producer and teacher from Glasgow with 18 years experience of playing to audiences, creating audio for clients and helping people find their own voice as musicians. She has been offering these services in Glasgow and Edinburgh, in retail premises as a sole trader, teaching vocals to students aged between eight and eighty, sharing stories, wisdom and experience along the way.
Session clients have ranged from composing radio jingles for the label soulridaz to theme and incidental music for the short film mind the gap to her first inspiring experience of music recording Buddy Holly's 'Love is Strange' for Jack Bruce (Cream) for the film she starred in as Lucille Bentley, 'The Slab Boys' by John Byrne.
Over the years she has performed with and recorded for many different bands and producers including:
- Simple Minds,
- Vel Curve,
- The Giro Babies,
- Celt Islam,
- Grand Unified,
- Joseph Malik,
- Hundred Strong,
- Kruder and Dorfmeister and had releases on DNBB recordings,
- Good News Boppers,
- High Noon Records,
- Cadence Recordings and Soul Flex Digital under the name of Lu Angel with a forthcoming album with Hundred Strong as Elle Phoenix.
Some past collaborative and session projects involved
- Hundred Strong, Jay Hybrid, Vel Curve, The Giro Babies, Celt Islam, Grand Unified and Joseph Malik from the UK
- 'The Tinderbox Orchestra,' an Edinburgh based orchestra where she composed a piece for the visit of the Dalai Llama.
- Professor Angel Sound and Sound Shifter from Spain
- Platform from Denmark
- Rainforest from Mexico
- Manion USA
- Krueder and Dorfmeister Germany
- Alex Bastard and Ed Bonesaia Holland.......to name but a few.
- Lead and backing vocals for live bands from function bands to original bands.
- Recorded backing vocals.
- Song writing for other artists.
- Song writing and recording for producers.